Rural India Supporting Trust is calling for applications for the position of a part-time freelance Social Media Consultant. You will support the Communication Lead, in managing and updating the social media platforms and the website. We are seeking an experienced social media professional. S/He will help shape the strategy and implementation of all kinds of communication and marketing initiatives. This includes communication to members through social media, newsletter and on our website. If you have experience in communications, marketing, or strategy, we want your help!
The Social Media Consultant will have attention to detail, be a strategic thinker with a strong analytical mind and have experience in the non-profit and/or philanthropic sector. The ideal candidate will have an analytics skillset and a deep interest in storytelling using data and research.
Responsibilities include, but will not be limited to:
· Managing the social media for the organization, including handling, and updating the LinkedIn page.
· Create a detailed social media plan and strategy.
· Work with Communication Lead to create compelling stories and streamline content. This will include but is not limited to, writing, reviewing, and editing text, as well as videos and pictures for social media and the website.
· Assist the Communication Lead in ideating and creating knowledge resources (eg: newsletters, brochures, reports etc.)
· Work closely with the Communication Lead to ensure social media outreach and presence.
· Ensure that content is abreast with the current industry standards.
· Analytics and Reporting.
· Experience working with clients from the non-profit and/or philanthropic sector will be a distinct advantage.
· Ability to work independently and in an integrated team setting.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Commitment to learning and the drive to take initiative.
· 1-3 years of work experience; prior marketing and branding experience is a plus.
· Proficiency in WebFlow and WordPress.
· Proficiency with video and photo editing software.
· Superior Graphic Design skills.
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Analytical mind, with a flair for creativity and out of the box thinking.
Pay and Hours:
The consultant will be expected to devote 10 hours a week to RIST. The work will be mostly done remotely, with 2 hours every week spent in-person in our mid-town office, either on Tuesday or Thursday. The Consultant will be paid $500 a week.
This is an “at will” consultancy contract and continuation of it will be based upon performance.
The position is available immediately. Deadline for application is July 2nd, 2021. To apply for this position, send your CV and cover letter describing your suitability for the role to Prachee Sinha at email@example.com with the subject line “Application for Part-time Social Media Consultant”.
Only applicants who have been short-listed will be contacted.
August 19, 2021
Save the Children is working to assist the most vulnerable and marginalized children and families in the slums of Mumbai and Delhi, with the goal of addressing the disruptions in essential health services, particularly for children and expectant mothers, brought on by the pandemic.
Read More >